The STTTA operates rosters and schools programs for adults and juniors, three times each year. They cater for players of all ages and abilities.
- Schools Program - Monday evenings during term for students grades 3-10
- Senior Roster - Tuesday nights for all ages
- Veterans Roster - Wednesday nights for those aged 30 and over
The table tennis stadium is usually available for casual use whenever the Kingborough Sports Centre is open, except when official events such as Rosters or Championships are being run.
Members of the public can practise, but need to book a court at the KSC front counter. Members with pre-paid Practice Passes do not have to pay a session fee but need to show their pass at the KSC counter and have their name and pass number recorded before starting.
The STTTA runs casual practice sessions between 9.30 am and 12.30 pm on Monday and Friday mornings and between 2 pm and 5 pm on Sunday afternoons, which are very popular with members. See other options under coaching and social.
Clean, non-marking shoes are required at all times to prevent damage to the Taraflex playing surface.
Each year there are social nights during the summer school holidays. Players of all ages and standards are welcome. Players do not need to be STTTA members. See also social.
STTTA players compete in the various tournaments and championships that are offered in Tasmania each year.
- 'Open' championships - Any registered player may play in any open championship.
- 'Closed' championships - These are restricted to a particular group of players; for example, the Tasmanian Closed Championships is restricted to players who are registered in Tasmania.